You may have had the pleasure of actually watching me make these pops a few weeks ago. If not, that means you don’t follow me on instagram and that’s something you should work on ASAP. (@theicescreamqueen)
If you did watch, thanks a bunch and also you’ll know we talked about the difference between evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk.
Evaporated milk is essentially whole milk with most of the water content evaporated from it (hence why it’s slightly thicker than regular milk and like obviously the name and stuff too..).
Sweetened condensed milk is basically evaporated milk + sugar added to it (the word ‘sweetened’ kinda gives ya a hint there).
Don’t you wish everything could be that simple.
Stay tuned for 2 more recipes this week and stay screamin!
2 cups half & half
1 1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
2 egg yolks
2 cups heavy cream
3 oz. evaporated milk
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas
- Heat half&half, sugar and salt in a saucepan
- Whisk your egg yolks in a bowl off to the side
- Once mixture is warm (but not bubbling), temper in your egg yolks
- Thicken on low heat until mixture can coat the back of the spoon
- Chill on an ice bath until cool
- Once cooled, add in your heavy cream, evaporated milk, vanilla and mashed bananas
- Refrigerate until cold, overnight preferably and freeze to your ice cream machine’s instructions
- Pour churned ice cream into ice pop molds and freeze for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight
- The following day, remove pops from mold and enjoy/decorate as desired!