Ever just get in those moods where you don’t feel like doing anything, anything you try to do feels nearly impossible or the biggest task in the world and the universe is just screaming at you to plop on the couch and binge Netflix? Oh, I know you do.
I was TOTALLY in one of those moods this past week but we needed dessert in the house and I’ll be damned if I don’t satisfy my sweet tooth after dinner. Sounds like a job for the world’s easiest recipe.
This Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream not only has the fastest, easiest base but can be made into any type of cheesecake ice cream you want! I just happen to have some dying blueberries on hand that needed to be put to good use so – Blueberry Cheesecake it was! Pick your favorite fruit compote/sauce and viola!
This is a super tangy and creamy ice cream. Make sure you don’t forget that lemon zest because it truly is the magic piece that ties this all together. Sometimes it’s the smallest things that have the largest impact. Ah, good ol’ ice cream teaching us life lessons…
Click the link below to watch how it’s made and please comment if you did! I love to hear what ya think! Make sure to subscribe here and to my YouTube Channel, if you haven’t already, so you never miss a post! And feel free to reach out and follow on Instagram too! @theicescreamqueen
Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Half & Half
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice Fresh
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
Mix – Ins
- 1/2 cup Graham Crackers Crushed
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, half & half, salt and the zest of the lemon in a blender until smooth.
- Chill in the refridgerator until cold and then churn to your ice cream machine's instructions.
- Add in your crushed graham crackers with only a few minutes left in churning. Swirl/layer in your blueberry compote as you transfer the ice cream to a container.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!
- Combine blueberries, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook on medium heat.
- Stirring occationally, let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes. (The blueberries will start to break down).
- Add in the cornstarch and continue to stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely before adding to your ice cream.