Everyone has their go-to guilty pleasure at Starbucks and if you try to pull the “not me, I like black coffee with no milk or sugar” bullsh*t, you can leave.
Java Chip Frappuccinos are still at the top of the list for me but ever since the MOCHA COOKIE CRUMBLE Frap came on the scene, it’s held the ranks as #1 in my book. The drink itself is made from their frozen coffee blend of mocha syrup, vanilla syrup, chocolate cookie chunks, chocolate chip and chocolate whipped cream. WOW.
In it’s honor, I’ve decided to take all those magical chocolate flavors and turn it into an ice cream you can make at home. With only 1 extra step more than my Coffee Ice Cream, you’ll be able to whip up this masterpiece faster than you can place your coffee order.
Check out the video below the recipe to watch how it’s made! While you’re watching, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel and follow me on Instagram!
Mocha Cookie Crumble Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Whole Coffee Beans
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 4 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Instant Coffee
- 1/4 cup Chocolate Chips Crushed
- 1 cup Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Crushed
- Combine milk, sugar, coffee beans, salt and 1/2 cup of heavy cream into a medium saucepan. Warm until the sugar is melted.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let steep for 45 minutes.
- Rewarm the mixture and whisk in the cocoa powder.
- Temper the egg yolks into your coffee/chocolate milk mixture.
- Cook on low heat, stirring slowly and continously, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of your spoon.
- Strain your mixture through a mesh strainer into a bowl with the remaining heavy cream.
- Add in the vanilla extract and instant coffee and stir to combine.
- Cool thoroughly over and ice bath or in the refridgerator until chilled.
- Freeze to your ice cream machine's instructions.
- With 3 minutes left to churn, add in your chopped chocolate chips and crushed cookie pieces.
- Transfer to an airtight, freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
Click here to find my Crunchy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies! Perfect to use in this recipe or to eat on their own! These are crunchy on the outside, chewy on the inside, not too sweet or rich, little packages of perfection.