Loving red velvet cake seems to be the cult following of the dessert world. If you’re someone who loves red velvet – you LOVE red velvet. And if that fits your description, this recipe is for you.
Valentine’s Day will always be one of my favorite holidays. I say this every year. Some call it a “Hallmark Holiday” but I think it’s a great day and opportunity to celebrate love in all it’s glory. Not just love for your partner but for everyone in your life. Your friends, your mom, your co worker that gets you through the week, whoever it is that comes to your mind when you think of love – love them extra that day.
You’ll hear me preach this every year so get used to it #sorrynotsorry.
This week, we’re kicking off our Valentine’s Day celebration with a Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream! A tangy, creamy, cream cheese ice cream base with chunks of real red velvet cake throughout make this a Valentine’s Day beauty. This ice cream is simple, easy to make come give you all the lovey-dovey Valentine’s Day feels with its pink and red coloring!
Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream
- 2 cups red velvet cake crumbs boxed cake is fine
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar
- pinch salt
- Prepare cake as directed. Once cool, scrape or cut cake into small pieces. Set aside 2 cups of crushed cake crumbs.
- Add all ingredients (besides cake crumbs) into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Chill in the refrigerator and freeze to your ice cream machine's instructions.
- With a few minutes left to churn, slowly add in your cake crumbs.
- Freeze overnight and enjoy!